The Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program minimum requirements for admission are:
1. Have completed a four-year college course of study or an appropriate baccalaureate degree (or equivalent preparation) from a regionally accredited institution or from an international institution that meets CSUSM accreditation standards.
2. Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
3. A Grade Point Average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or better in the last 60 graded semester units, from a WASC-equivalent university. Only regular courses from four-year colleges and/or universities will be used in calculating an applicant’s GPA—no extension courses or community college courses will be included.
4. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Please note: Exceptions may be made to the above GPA and GMAT requirements by the Faculty Admissions Committee.
5. Have at least three years of full-time, professionally relevant work experience.
6. Provide a resume.
7. Provide a one-page essay on your on achievements which you consider to be the best indicators of your potential for a successful management career.
8. Provide a one-page essay on the rewards and challenges you anticipate from the program, and how you expect the experience to enhance your management career.
9. Provide the contact email address for professional references to recommend you for the program.
10. All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English must demonstrate competence in English. Those who do not possess a bachelor's degree from a postsecondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction must satisfy the English Language Proficiency Requirement with one of the following:
The averages for admitted students in 2015 and 2016:
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
All International applicants requiring the F-1 student visa should visit the Office of Global Education website to get detailed information about the application process for graduate level international students. All international applicants requiring an F-1 Student Visa are required to submit a financial affidavit that certifies they have the financial resources to provide for all expenses as indicated under Estimated Expenses. This form is part of the application for admission. Verification of English proficiency, the financial affidavit, and all official academic records from foreign institutions must be on file by the application deadline, and if they are not written in English, they must be accompanied by certified English translations.