SAMBA Admission Requirements
Admissions are processed on a rolling basis. A Faculty Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, which will be done only with a complete application package.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
1. Have completed a four-year college course of study or an appropriate baccalaureate degree (or equivalent preparation) from a regionally accredited institution or from an international institution that meets CSUSM accreditation standards.
2. Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
3. A Grade Point Average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or better in the last 60 graded semester units, from a WASC-equivalent university. Only regular courses from four-year colleges and/or universities will be used in calculating an applicant’s GPA—no extension courses or community college courses will be included.
4. A GMAT score of 500 or above, with a minimum 30th percentile score in the Verbal section, a minimum 30th percentile score in the Quantitative section, a minimum score of 4.0 in the Analytical Writing section and a minimum score of 4.0 in the Integrated Reasoning Section. The Faculty Admissions Committee will use the best GMAT score taken within the past five years.
If you have taken the GRE, you may submit your GRE score report for the GMAT requirement.
5. All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English must demonstrate competence in English. All graduate applicants must have a TOEFL score of 80 internet-based test or above (213 on computer-based examination; 550 paper-based), or an IELTS score of 6.0, unless they possess a bachelors degree from a post-secondary institution where English was the principal language of instruction.
Please note that exceptions may be made to the above GPA and GMAT requirements by the Faculty Admissions Committee. If you have not taken the GMAT or do not meet the TOEFL/IELTS requirement please see conditional admission information below.
Requirements for Conditional Admission
If you have not taken the GMAT and/or do not meet the TOEFL/IELTS requirement for English proficiency you may apply for conditional admission. Conditional admission requirements are as follows:
Applicants may be conditionally admitted to the Bridge and Foundation without a GMAT score on the condition to submit a GMAT score report by May 1, 2015. After receiving the score report, the conditionally admitted student's admission application will be reviewed, and if approved by the admissions committee the student will be admitted to the Core and continue on in the program.
Conditionally admitted students not meeting the GMAT requirement will not be able to continue in the program, but can receive a Certificate of Advanced Study in Business Foundations for completing the Foundation.
International (F-1 visa) applicants: If you are applying for conditional admission for the GMAT requirement you are required to take the Foundation courses.
Applicants not meeting the TOEFL/IELTS requirement, but who have a TOEFL score of 61 on the internet based test with a score no lower than 19 on the writing section and no section score below 14 or an IELTS score of 5.5 may apply for Graduate Conditional Admission and follow instructions for part 1, and complete the SAMBA Application Requirements. However, you may apply to the American Language and Cultural Institute program for Intensive Academic Preparation at any time.
As a CSU requirement, all new students born after January 1, 1957 will be notified of the requirement to present proof of measles and rubella immunizations. This is not an admission requirement, but is required of students by the beginning of their second term of enrollment in CSU. Proof of measles and rubella immunizations is also required of certain groups of enrolled students who have increased exposure to these diseases.