SAMBA Admission Requirements
Admissions are processed on a rolling basis. A Faculty Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, which will be done only with a complete application package.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
1. Have completed a four-year college course of study or an appropriate baccalaureate degree (or equivalent preparation) from a regionally accredited institution or from an international institution that meets CSUSM accreditation standards.
2. Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
3. A Grade Point Average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or better in the last 60 graded semester units, from a WASC-equivalent university. Only regular courses from four-year colleges and/or universities will be used in calculating an applicant’s GPA—no extension courses or community college courses will be included.
4. Graduate Mangement Admission Test (GMAT) Official Score Report
- Minimum score requirements:
- Total score of 500
- 30th percentile score in the Verbal and Quantitative sections
- 4.0 in the Analytical Writing and Integrated Reasonings sections
- The Faculty Admissions Committee will use the best GMAT score taken within the past five years.
- If you have not taken the GMAT by the application deadline you may be admitted conditionally, and you must submit an official GMAT score report by May 1, 2015.
- GRE scores may be submitted in lieu of the GMAT.
- If you hold a master or doctorate degree in a quantitative field you may indicate on the SAMBA application that you would like for your application to be reviewed for a GMAT waiver.
Please note: Exceptions may be made to the above GPA and GMAT requirements by the Faculty Admissions Committee.
5. All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English must demonstrate competence in English. All graduate applicants must have a TOEFL score of 80 internet-based test or above (213 on computer-based examination; 550 paper-based), or an IELTS score of 6.0, unless they possess a bachelors degree from a post-secondary institution where English was the principal language of instruction.
Conditional Admission for English Language Proficiency
If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirement for graduate admission you may apply for conditional admission. The conditional admission requirements are as follows:
- TOEFL score of 61 on the internet based test with a score no lower than 19 on the writing section and no section score below 14 or IELTS score of 5.5
- Submit the American Language and Cultural Institute English Language Conditional Admission Application.
- Send an email to let us know that you are applying.