- Modern Languages
- Master of Arts in Spanish
- M. A. Options
- Admission Requirements
- Culminating Experience
- M. A. Forms
- Graduate Resources
- Our Teaching Associates
- Graduate Studies
- Academic Advising
- The Faculty
- Graduation Requirement
- Student Resources
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
The CSUSM Master of Arts in Spanish degree program allows students the choice of three areas of emphasis:
Option A: Hispanic Literatures and Literary Theory
- This option provides students an in-depth study of the literatures of Peninsular and Insular Spain, as well as Latin American and US Latino literatures in conjunction with a strong background in Literary Theory and Practice.
Option B: Hispanic Culture and Society
- This option exposes students to the most salient factors of the language, thought, and cultures of the diverse group of people who make up the Spanish-speaking world.
Option C: Hispanic Language and Linguistics
- This option provides students with a strong background in theoretical and applied linguistics, namely: the historical development of the Spanish language in its external (history, culture) and internal development (morphology, syntax and semantics); Pedagogical Theory, and Translation Studies.