Coming Soon - Absence Management at Cal State San MarcosAbsence Management is the CSU’s new leave reporting and absence management system. Effective January 2013, it will replace Time and Labor as the campus’ primary method for reporting and tracking absences. Absence Management is a more cost-effective and efficient system which will save our campus thousands of dollars annually. It also brings many exciting improvements including the following features for end-users:
• 24/7 real-time access with up-to-date leave balances and leave usage information.
• Personalized, user-friendly self-service reporting and approval pages that are simple to learn and use.
• Instant leave time validation which ensures employees’ time is submitted accurately.
• Employee schedules are managed electronically and related plus/minus calculations are automated, reducing or eliminating the need for managers to send monthly plus/minus reports to Payroll Services.
• Managers can easily review employee leave time taken and available leave balances.
Over the next two months, look in your e-mail inbox and in the semi-weekly Campus-wide Announcements for important information regarding:
1. Upcoming changes in absence time reporting.
2. Training opportunities to learn how easy it is to use Absence Management.
We are excited to implement these enhancements for our campus community and look forward to a smooth transition to the new Absence Management system!