Attend Social Justice Summit 2012 (Fall)Apply today! The Social Justice Summit (SJS) is a three-day/two-night retreat that is free for CSUSM students. This year, the summit will be held October 19-21, 2012 and space is limited. SJS trains students in a social justice framework for campus leadership, community engagement, and change activism.
Participants will explore and challenge personal perceptions & social norms through experiential activities, individual reflections, and group dialogues.
Through the experience and learning of SJS, students will:
• Become aware of cycles of socialization and oppression.
• Increase their awareness of personal identity within the context of multiple types of cultures.
• Recognize their personal connection with systems of power and privilege.
• Gain knowledge of the distinct difference between equality and equity.
• Form relationships and support networks with other individuals committed to social justice.
• Develop skills to become socially conscious leaders and community members.
For more information or to register online, please visit www.csusm.edu/sjs. Deadline to apply is Monday, Oct. 8.