Additional Training and Professional Development Courses - FY 2012-2013
Human Resources and Equal Opportunity (HREO) is excited to announce additional training for staff employees. Due to demand and feedback from the campus, we have added a series of training and professional development courses to the current training calendar. Descriptions for these courses are available at Training and Professional Development – FY 2012–2013.
• Access 2007 Level 1 Software Training
• Capitalizing on Your Strengths
• Conflict Resolution
• Effective Communication Skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• Excel 2007 --The Basics
• Excel 2007 --Formulas, Formulas, Formulas
• Leading/Supervising Others -- 8 week certification course
• Managing Chaos: Tools to Set Priorities & Get Things Done
• Outlook 2007 -- Controlling an Out of Control Inbox
• PowerPoint 2007 -- More than the Basics
• Written Communication
Courses will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. Staff should obtain approval from their MPP supervisor prior to registering for any course. Employees can view complete course descriptions and request enrollment through the Training & Professional Development website. Employees may also search for courses and self-enroll for a course by signing into MyCSUSM, and under "My HR Resources" click on the "HR Training Calendar."
• Participants should register in advance for all courses. This is to ensure that:
There are a sufficient number of participants for the course; a course may be cancelled if not enough participants register.
The participant has a seat in the class. Last year, some of the more popular classes had a wait-list.
• Once they have registered for a course, participants should schedule the course in their Outlook calendars. This is to reduce the number of employees who signed up for training but did not show up for the course.
Please be sure to check the HREO training page on a regular basis to receive the most up-to-date information on available training as well as complete course descriptions, dates, times, and locations for each course.
If you have any questions, please contact Wanda Boller at ext. 4416.