Edge Development, Inc. presents CSUSM at Temecula with Check for $100K
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Margaret Lutz | email@example.com
WHO: Edge Development, Inc. founders Dayne Wagoner and Steve Prophet, California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) President Karen S. Haynes, City of Temecula Mayor Maryann Edwards, Councilman Chuck Washington, and Councilman Chuck Naggar, and Members of the Temecula Higher Education Foundation Board
WHAT: Edge Development, Inc will present CSUSM with a check for $100,000.
WHEN: Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: California State San Marcos at Temecula at the Paul Goldring Garrett Institute for Higher Learning, located at 27455 Tierra Alta Way, Suite B, Temecula, CA 92590
Media are invited to the presentation of a $100,000 check to CSUSM from Edge Development, Inc. of Temecula on Thursday, July 30 at 12:30 p.m at CSUSM's Temecula campus. These funds will be used to pay for operating costs for the University's new Temecula campus during its first year of operation.
Among those in attendance at the check presentation will be Edge Development, Inc. founders Dayne Wagoner and Steve Prophet, CSUSM President Karen S. Haynes, City of Temecula Mayor Maryann Edwards, Councilmen Chuck Washington and Chuck Naggar, and members of the Temecula Higher Education Foundation Board.
About California State San Marcos at Temecula at the Paul Goldring Garrett Institute for Higher Learning
In September 2007, Temecula civic and business leaders approached California State University San Marcos with a request for a campus location in Temecula. Local business leaders secured a lease‐free facility for educational programs. A local hospital provided funding for nursing education. A unique public/private partnership was formed that serves as a model for transforming a region through educational opportunity. In August 2008, Cal State San Marcos at Temecula in the Paul Goldring Garrett Institute for Higher Learning was officially opened.
Current CSUSM at Temecula program offerings include:
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Cohort of 54 students began in January of this year. Demand is so high another cohort of 50 was admitted in May, 2009 - 8 months earlier than scheduled.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Educational programs for adults over the age of 50 who want to learn for the pure joy of learning without the pressure of grades, tests or assignments.
- Noncredit Supervising Employees Certificate helps those new or aspiring to be supervisors and managers with a solid foundation in the essentials of supervising employees.
- Noncredit Healthcare courses include: Registered Nurse Refresher Certificate, EKG Technician and Pharmacy Technician Certificates and a variety of other online options.
- RN to BSN, which takes an associate degreed registered nurse through to a bachelors degree in nursing.
- Teacher Credential program.
- Noncredit Human Resource Management Certificate for HR professionals, small business owners or anyone responsible for human resource functions in their business.
About California State University San Marcos
California State University San Marcos has become one of the fastest growing campuses in the CSU system. Providing access to a high quality education and preparing the leaders of tomorrow remain at the core of what we do. Cal State San Marcos embraces and symbolizes twenty‐first century learning. We offer hands‐on and collaborative learning experiences, cutting edge technology and academic programs relevant to the rapidly changing global environment. Our faculty engages in the latest research and other creative activities and our graduates are prepared to lead and compete in the digital age. Founded in 1989, CSU San Marcos is located on a 304‐acre hillside overlooking the city of San Marcos. It is fifteen miles east of the ocean; just thirty miles north of downtown San Diego.