CSUSM Recognizes Latina of the Year in Six Categories
In conjunction with National Hispanic Heritage Month, CSUSM and the San Diego North County Latinas Association (NCLA) recognized 9 local Latinas to promote their achievements and contributions as positive role models in the community at a press conference on Cesar Chavez Plaza. President Karen Haynes addressed the audience and commended the women on their service to the community.
NCLA recognized these women who make a difference and further the NCLA mission of empowerment via education and service. Nominated by their peers, the following are the 2008 Latinas of the Year:
- Cecilia Rodarte, Vista High School
- Barbara Moreno, After School Programs, Oceanside
- Rebecca Montez, North County Child Study Center
- Maria Chavez, Migrant Ed Programs
- Carmen Amigon, Community Housing Works
- Lisa Montes, Mira Costa College
- Lydia Bustos, Veterans Association
- Rosa E. Ruiz, Escondido Community Child Dev. Center
- Diana Zuniga, National Latina Businesswomen Association
NCLA recognized these women who make a difference and further the NCLA mission of empowerment via education and service.