Tips on Choosing your Agency
1. Select two or three agencies to consider for your service learning field placement. This list includes all approved agencies. If available, VISIT THEIR WEBSITES and study the programs appropriate for your course goal
2. SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS for interviews either with the volunteer coordinator or with the person who would be your supervisor.
3. After you have chosen the organization, contact the persons at the agencies with whom you interviewed and let them know that you will NOT be doing your service with them.
4. Click here for the forms needed.
5. Keep track of your hours and submit the time sheet to your instructor, if required; the Office of Civic Engagement does not need your timesheets.
6. Remember that service hours can only be applied after the class begins.
7. IF the organization which you have selected and doing your service is NOT on the Civic Engagement list of approved locations, ask for your instructor's approval and submit a "Student Request to Add an Organization" form and provide the agency's information. Once you submit the form, a temporary contract will be sent to the organization. Inform your contact about this contract and request to sign it and return it immediately to the University. Sometimes, these contracts may take a long time to be reviewed and returned by the organization.
***Keep in mind that YOU will not be able to start your service until the contract has been signed and returned.***
To submit the form, please click here: http://www.csusm.edu/procurement/procurementservices/sfpaddorgform.html
Click on List of Agencies to view approved organizations. To do your service at a school, click on school districts. All schools within the school district are approved.