- Office of Community Service Learning
- Project Homeless Connect
- Town Hall
- Agency Database
- Info for Students
- Info for Faculty
- Service Learning Forms
- Safety Tips
- Service Learning Definition
- Frequently Asked Questions
- OCSL Library
- Info for Community Partners
- OCSL News Center
- Special Events
- OCSL Staff Directory
The Office of Community Service Learning (OCSL) requires that all students involved in a service learning class fill out and turn in some forms.
Request your students to:
1) Submit their Student Service Learning Plan during the first 4-weeks of the semester. Students should be careful when entering the information. An automatic confirmation will be sent to the student's e-mail address. The student should print this confirmation and obtain the faculty's signature at the bottom of the form. If they do not receive the confirmation it means that the e-mail address they submitted was entered wrong. Please assure the students to be careful when entering this important piece of information!
2) Have the students download and print the Student Participation Guidelines form. This form requires the student to obtain their site supervisor signature. NOTE: Forms that are missing signatures will be returned to the instructor.
3) Provide the students some examples of where they can do their service and have them select a site placement from the Agency Database.
4) Remind students to submit a Student Evaluation of the Field Placement Agency after they've finished their service project.
5) Remind students to download the Timesheets, they are available for them to keep track of the hours they have served at the agency. The timesheets are for your records only, and should NOT be turned in to the OCSL. NOTE: We recommend to the student to keep a copy for their own records, as the OCSL does not keep track of total hours served.
6) Nominations: A call for nominations will be sent in Spring semester for our Annual Outstanding Service Learning Student/Faculty/Community Partner, when you get the e-mail, remind your students to please nominate!
If you have questions, please contact us.
Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Office phone: 760-750-4055 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org