Safety Tips for Students
In case of an emergency, agency representative or student are to call 911.
If an incident occurs or if you are injured, contact your agency supervisor and your instructor to discuss what actions the agency and school should take to insure your physical and emotional well-being. You should notify CSUSM University Police within 48 hours.
* Discuss safety with your site supervisor
* Alert someone of your destination or expected return time
* Feel comfortable and safe at your site or request a new site
* Plan for what ifs: your car breaks down, traffic or if you get lost
* Dress according to agency code with appropriate shoes
* Know the scope of your duties
* Do not go to private homes
* Never transport clients
* Always drive carefully
* Don't loan money, clothes or belongings to clients
* Don't give out your personal contact information to clients OR have a personal relationship with a client
* Don't tolerate talk or behavior of a sexual nature