- Office of Community Service Learning
- Project Homeless Connect
- Town Hall
- Town Hall, The Sequel
- Town Hall Report
- Financial Literacy
- Food Security
- Housing & Shelter
- Mental & Physical Health
- Next Steps
- Agency Database
- Info for Students
- Info for Faculty
- Info for Community Partners
- OCSL News Center
- OCSL Staff Directory
Mental and Physical Health Outcomes
1. List the existing projects, partnerships and/or resources from among the campus/community for this area of focus that were identified before your Town Hall meeting.
OCSL at CSUSM community partners in the Mental and Physical Health field are The American Red Cross Blood Services, ACES, Birthchoice of San Marcos. To see the entire list of partners, please click here.
2. List the existing projects, partnerships and/or resources from among the campus/community for this area of focus that were identified during your Town Hall meeting.
- Community Outreach and Education
- Medi-Cal, Health Family, Community Clinics
- Transitioning mental health patients who no longer need services
- Connecting homeless youth to resources
- Peer counseling for seniors and high school students
- Gang prevention grant funding
- Grants for camps for kids through the city
3. List the projects, partnerships and/or resources that were developed as a result of your Town Hall meeting.
See next steps (Question number 6).
4. What did the Town Hall reveal as your greatest asset (or two) in this area?
(Possibilities: Partnerships and faculty partnerships)
- Volunteers that can catch on quickly
- Collaboration among agencies
5. What did the Town Hall reveal as your greatest challenge (or two) in this area?
Increase in demand without innovation that allows needs to be met.
6. What next steps were identified as a result of the Town Hall meeting?
- Interfaith Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 to continue the discussions that were begun at this Town Hall meeting.
- Host dental services at Green Oak Ranch and surrounding community. –North County Health Services & Green Oak Ranch (Mental & Physical Health)
- Have CSU San Marcos students invite organizations to campus regularly to gain more knowledge about the available community resources. –Mental Health America of San Diego County (Mental & Physical Health)
- Contact VCC (Vista Community Clinic)to see about arranging a meeting. –Exodus Recovery Inc. Walk In Mental Health Assessment Center (Mental & Physical Health)
Input from the Community
- This is one of the most difficult to find and very important in terms of the whole person
- Needs of veterans needs to be expanded to reduce the amount of suicides
- Linkage between physical and mental health services
- The Fairweather Lodge model works and is also a scalable program to address pressing mental health issues within our community
- Standardized formularies between county mental health and health clinics emphasis on services and $4 medications
- There’s no health without mental health.
- In spite of earlier mental health services act, not enough money and resources are available… we need to integrate more with service agencies.
- These benefits will continue to decrease as Prop 63 moneys may be used for other deficits.