The Office of University Ombuds is here to help current CSUSM faculty, staff and enrolled students resolve University-related conflicts, disputes or complaints on an informal basis.
Our services supplement, but do not replace, other administrative processes at the University.
Why come to us?
The Office of University Ombuds helps CSUSM faculty, staff and students develop options, explore solutions and understand policy where appropriate. We also provide referrals.
The office is confidential, neutral, informal and independent. If you are unsure if we can help, please contact us.
Examples of topics you can discuss with us
- Communication issues
- Conflicts with fellow colleagues, faculty members or students
- What resources or options may be available to you
- Cultural misunderstandings
- Appropriate ways to frame and discuss issues
- Unprofessional conduct
- Ways to make or seek an apology
- And more ...