START YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!
The MARC U*STAR Program accepts applications continuously. Selection Committee will
evaluate the application of each candidate and the three letters of recommendation.
Selection meetings are generally
held late spring.
The MARC application has five parts:
Three faculty letters of recommendation.
- Two of your letters must be from professors in you major
- Please find below a guideline for your professor of what the letter of reference should
- The MARC Program involves rigorous undergraduate academic and research training as
preparation for graduate work leading to a Ph.D.
- In general, please comment on the candidate’s character, & potential for success in
a research career in the biomedical /behavioral sciences
- Since when and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How does the applicant stand out in academic and personal terms and how would you
assess his/her potential?
- Additional information that could be of importance to the MARC award decision
- Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by the writer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Statement of career objective
- Career Goal
- Factors that contributed to your decision to study science.
- Your particular area of research interest, why you wish to participate in the MARC
program and how your participation may help you achieve your career goals.
Research Experience Essay
- Brief summary of your research experiences.
Please note: The MARC is a year-round research training program, for students preparing for doctoral
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
If you have any questions about applying to the MARC program, please feel free to
contact Celia Martinez at email@example.com or 760-750-3681.