START YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!!!
The RISE Program accepts applications continuously. Selection Committee will evaluate the application
of each candidate and letters of recommendation. Selection meetings are generally held late spring
The RISE application has five parts.
Three faculty letters of recommendation
- Two of your letters must be from professors in you major
- Please find below a guideline for your professor of what the letter of reference should contain:
- The RISE Program involves rigorous undergraduate academic and research training as preparation for graduate work leading to a Ph.D.
- In general, please comment on the candidate’s character, & potential for success in a research career in the biomedical /behavioral sciences
- Since when and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How does the applicant stand out in academic and personal terms and how would you assess his/her potential?
- Additional information that could be of importance to the RISE award decision?
- Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by the writer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Career Goals and aspirations
- Factors that contributed to your decision to study science
- Your particular area of research interest, why you wish to participate in the RISE program and how your participation may help you achieve your career
- Research Experience Essay
- Brief summary of your research experiences.
If you have questions about the RISE program, contact Perla Rivas at email@example.com or 760-750-3681.
Please note: The RISE is a year-round research training program, for students preparing for doctoral (Ph.D.) education. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.