Information and services is provided to military veterans and their dependents in obtaining VA educational benefits for which they are eligible in the Veterans Center located in Craven Hall 3724 or in Outreach Programs located in Craven 3300. Veterans Services is a One-Stop shop for continuing and new veterans to the CSUSM campus. The Veterans Coordinator serves as a liaision with the Department of Veterans Affairs, assisting students with the appropriate forms for educational benefits, as well as information about their benefits and educational experience at Cal State San Marcos.
For more information call
VA Hotline: 1-800-827-1000
or GI BILL Hotline 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GIBILL1)
Veteran's Benefits Verification Call-In Line: 1-877-823-2378
Additional VA Information and Forms
- VA Benefit Intent Form
- Summer Dates & GI Bill Certification Information
- Educational Leave of Absence for Veterans
- Veterans Administration
- VA Educational Benefits
- California Dept. of Veterans Affairs College Fee Waiver
- Fry Scholarship
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John D. Fry, 28, of Lorena, Texas, only had a week left in his Iraq tour in 2006 when he injured his hand. He was given the option of leaving Iraq after the injury and going home with a Bronze Star. He declined and volunteered to go on one last run to defuse bombs. After working seven more hours, Gunnery Sgt. Fry was killed March 8, 2006, by an improvised explosive device in Anbar province, Iraq. He left behind his widow and three small children.
Public Law 111-32, The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship, amends the Post-9/11 GI Bill to expand the benefit to children of fallen U.S. soldiers who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001.
On May 1, 2010, VA will begin accepting applications for the Fry Scholarship. Please see the Fry Scholarship fact sheet here: http://www.gibill.va.gov/documents/factsheets/fry_scholarship.pdf
- VA Benefit student intent and responsibility form (must fill out every semester you plan on using your GI Bill or other VA Education Benefit