The mission of Outreach Programs is to identify and serve K-12 students from our diverse regional community to promote, advocate, and facilitate access to higher education.
Outreach Programs will actualize its mission by:
- Developing and implementing a range of services to enhance K-12 student aspirations and preparation for academic success;
- Advocating on behalf of historically underrepresented students to provide access and to expand postsecondary educational opportunities;
- Providing development, educational and cultural enrichment programming for students and families;
- Facilitating the college entrance process through the dissemination of critical collegiate information, including financial aid;
- Identifying and implementing educational partnerships with our diverse regional community to strengthen K-12 collaborations;
- Serving as liaisons with local school districts to communicate the availability of resource and to disseminate information; and
- Aligning the CSU San Marcos mission, vision and strategic priorities to enhance community partnerships and promote educational equity.