What is TRIO Upward Bound?
Upward Bound (UB) is a federally-funded TRiO grant program through the U.S. Department
of Education. UB provides fundamental support to 9th – 12th grade participants in their preparation for college. The goal of UB is to increase
the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate
from institutions of postsecondary education. CSUSM TRiO/UB serves 75 participants
from 2 high schools in the city of Escondido (Escondido HS and Orange Glen HS).
Upward Bound provides:
- Tutorial services at each target school
- Academic advising & support
- College entrance exam preparations
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Local & extended college visits
- Assistance with completing Financial Aid applications
- Assistance with Scholarship searches and completing applications
- Assistance with completing College Admissions applications
- Academic instruction in core subjects (mathematics, laboratory sciences, composition,
literature, and foreign languages)
TRiO Upward Bound Program is made possible by a federal grant provided by the U.S.
Department of Education and in collaboration with California State University San
Marcos, Escondido High School and Orange Glen High School.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE