- Planning and Academic Resources
- PAR Team
- Academic Scheduling
- Student Access Initiative
- Approved Times
- Final Exam Schedule
- Classroom Rush
- Schedule Preparation Timeline
- Room Change Request
- Scheduling Forms
- Academic Affairs 3-Year Rolling Plan Review
- Academic Affairs Strategic Planning
- Provost's Space Advisory Group
- Resource & Operations
Puzzling a classroom requires scheduling 50 hours of class time for one room in Fall and 48 hours of class time for one room in Spring, thereby reserving the room for those scheduled classes during the schedule build process for the semester.
Fall 2015: DEADLINE for getting Puzzling in for approval is the last day of the schedule build period 2/20 (please send puzzle to email@example.com). Once you receive confirmation that it is approved, you can enter the room into the Facility ID section in PSoft. Do NOT enter any puzzled rooms in before it is approved by Academic Scheduling.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Let Academic Scheduling (firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as you choose a room to schedule.
Also, let us know if you have decided not to puzzle a requested room - We would like you not to go through wasted effort if more than one person is trying to schedule the same room!
- Room Chart
Please use a room chart to put in the appropriate number of class hours per term, then scan and send to Academic Scheduling (email@example.com)
Room Chart for Puzzling - Please use new worksheet on same document for each room puzzled.
- Puzzled rooms must adequately meet, but not exceed, capacity
(i.e. Classes of 25 or 61, cannot meet in a 60 capacity room)
Do not go under 70% of room capacity and try to stay as close to 100% as possible.
NEVER go over 100% of room capacity.
- Classroom Capacity and Room Features Information
Select Building on left bar, then select Room
- Schedule professors with back-to-back classes into the same room
Sorting a query by professors is helpful for this process.
- Approved Course Meeting Times
Unless you have approval from Academic Scheduling, you must use approved class meeting times for all classes.
Please keep in mind, due to University Hour on Tuesdays & Thursday, TR and MW morning meeting patterns are different.
- Puzzling 2 and 4 unit courses can be restricted to those meeting patterns on MW after 2:30 p.m. and all day TR for totals of 30 hours (for Spring) and 32 hours (for Fall) of classtime.
- 2, 3, and 4 unit courses can be combined in classrooms using approved meeting times.
Rooms already being puzzled for Fall 2015
- ACD 205 (SD)*
- ACD 306 (DA)*
- ACD 308 (DA)*
- ACD 310 (DA)
- ACD 319 (AP)*
- ACD 402 (AP)*
- ACD 404 (OB)*
- ACD 405 (JN)*
- MARK 103 (JN)*
- MARK 203 (PC)*
- MARK 205 (OB)*
- MARK 208 (PC)
- MARK 209 (OB)*
- MARK 210 (PC)*
- MARK 211 (OB)*
- MARK 213 (OB)*
- MARK 214 (PC)*
- MARK 301 (JN)*
- MARK 303 (JN)*
- MARK 306 (AH)
- MARK 308 (JN)*
- MARK 309 (SD)*
SBSB 1105 (YW)*
- SBSB 1107 (DA)
- SBSB 1109 (KK)*
- SBSB 1111 (HM)*
- SBSB 2107 (SD)*
- SBSB 2109 (SD)*
- SCI2 242 (TB)*
- UNIV 273 (BM)
- UNIV 444 (BM)
*Approved for Entering into PSoft