Parking Rules and Regulations
The California Administrative Code (Title 5), sections 42200 through 42203, provide the basic policies with regard to parking on campus. These regulations require that the fee schedule be in effect every day and during all hours for both regular daily parking and for parking related to special events.
1. Any vehicle parked on campus must clearly display a valid CSUSM parking permit. The parking permit must be positioned to the interior lower left corner of the vehicle’s front windshield adjacent to the VIN plate/number. Do not cover the VIN. Please ensure the permit is visible from the outside of the vehicle.
2. No person shall fail to obey any sign or signal erected to carry out these regulations or any section of the California Vehicle Code.
3. No parking is allowed in any area that does not have a clearly marked stall. Please refrain from parking along fences, red curbs, and/or undeveloped areas.
4. Vehicles parked within a stall shall not overlap the lines that designate that stall.
5. Motorcycles valid in designated motorcycle spaces only.
6. Painted curbs are one of the indications of restricted parking; the color denotes the type of parking allowed:
RED ZONE: Indicates no parking or stopping any time, whether vehicle is attended or unattended.
YELLOW ZONE: Service Vehicles ONLY
BLUE ZONE: Indicates Disabled placard parking area ONLY. DMV state issued placard/plate and valid Cal State San Marcos parking permit must be displayed to park in blue zones.
WHITE ZONE: Indicates a timed loading zone.
GREEN ZONE: Indicates a timed loading zone.
Painted curbs and times zones are strictly monitored.
7. No person shall abandon, or leave standing, any vehicle or motorized cycle on the campus overnight, or for 24 or more consecutive hours without permission of Parking and Commuter Services. Vehicles in violation are subject to a fine, removal, and storage at owner’s expense.
8. Any vehicle parked overnight or for more that 24 hours consecutive must be parked in designated overnight lot (Lots K, O, and 1st and 2nd levels of PS1).
9. No person shall drive any unlicensed vehicle, nor shall any person stop, park or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, upon driveways, paths, or the grounds of Cal State San Marcos without proper authorization. Any unidentifiable vehicle on campus is subject to a fine, removal, and storage at the owner’s expense.
10. Permits are required the first day of classes, there is no grace period. Parking is enforced 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
11. Permits are for the exclusive use of the registrant. Permits may not be sold, exchanged, given away, or purchased from any person or agency other than Parking and Commuter Services.
12. The University Does Not Accept Any Liability For Loss Or Damage To Vehicles Or Property Therein Parked On University Property.
13. Cal State San Marcos Parking and Commuter Services assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen permits. Lost and stolen permits are replacement at full cost. If your permit is stolen on campus contact University Police immediately at: (760) 750-4567.
* Lost and stolen permits will not be replaced by Parking and Commuter Services. Lost and stolen permits are placed on an enforcement "hot sheet" and subsequent use is subject to a fine and disciplinary action.