Interim Policy for Integrating Temporary Faculty
|Definition:||A policy incorporating temporary faculty in the life of the campus.|
|Scope:||All Temporary Faculty|
|Responsible Division:||Academic Affairs|
|Signature Page/PDF:||View Signatures for Interim Policy for Integrating Temporary Faculty Policy|
- Where possible, temporary faculty should be offered their appointments as soon as possible before the semester.
- Whenever possible, the same collegiality important to tenure-track faculty should be extended to temporary faculty.
- Teaching supplies common to tenure-track faculty in each department should be provided for temporary faculty.
- A college document of criteria that conforms to the CBA should be in place for the evaluation of temporary faculty.
- When possible, temporary faculty names should be included in the schedule of classes.
- Regular orientations should be held for department chairs regarding temporary faculty and temporary faculty issues, including copies of relevant documents and information about temporary faculty.
- Temporary faculty should be invited to attend campus-wide events.