First Year Undergraduate Students
If this is your first year at CSUSM, we warmly welcome you! We recognize that new students often have questions go beyond planning their schedules, so we offer some general direction here to help you plan for a successful first year.
You are likely experiencing a great many changes as you enter your first year of college, and that there is a lot to learn. We encourage you to seek advice regarding your academic plan, as well as information on college life at CSUSM. These links will be especially helpful:
- BA program description -- provides all the information you need about our undergraduate degree in Psychology, including our major and minor worksheets.
- Advising information -- provides the links to various advising tools on campus, including information regarding AP exams, the Computer Competency Requirement, and placement tests.
- Meeting your Psychology Faculty -- We strongly encourage you to come to office hours to meet with the Psychology faculty and discuss your academic and career plans.
- Meeting the Psychology Staff -- Soheyla Mohseni, Academic Coordinator and Budget Manager for Psychology, and Gardie Lueders, Administrative Assistant, are here to assist you if you have questions about the Psychology Department.
- The Psychology Student Handbook is an invaluable tool that you should use to get to know the Psychology Department and Curriculum at CSUSM.
We recognize that you are likely to have a number of questions regarding the Psychology major and how the courses you've taken at other colleges and universities may apply to coursework required here. To help you navigate this, please use the following links:
We encourage you to get involved with your peers and faculty at CSUSM. Two great ways to do this are to get involved with the Psychology Clubs here on campus and to participate in the Psychology Students Research Fair.