(Updated July 23, 2012. Subject to change.)
Ongoing throughout the project
- Improve CSUSM's website search engine and webpage content to provide better, more relevant search results.
August 13, 2012
- Launch a new homepage for CSUSM.
- Develop a functional prototype for an improved approach to the Current Students page at www.csusm.edu/students. Academic Affairs and Student Affairs will be consulted in the development, and students will be asked to take part in usability testing to verify the effectiveness of the new approach.
- Office of Communications and IITS will meet with key representatives from the colleges and many departments to determine wants and needs and schedule specific milestones related their website upgrades to take place in 2013.
- Finalize and launch the improved Current Students page at www.csusm.edu/students.
- Launch a more comprehensive Parents & Families section of the CSUSM website at www.csusm.edu/families.
- Move to an audience-based main navigation bar at the top of the CSUSM website to make using the site more personal and efficient. Audiences to be included in the first version of the navbar include:
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
- Parents & Families
- Donors & Friends
- Faculty & Staff
February or March 2013
- Launch an improved Prospective Students / Admissions website at www.csusm.edu/admissions.
April 2013 and beyond
- Launch improved college and departmental websites. In keeping with our promise to minimize the impact on campus resources, these college and departmental launches will happen gradually over time via a multi-phase launch schedule. Exact college and departmental launch dates will be determined during fall 2012 meetings with the Office of Communications (as noted above), and published on this page as soon as they are known.