Risk Management & Safety 760-750-4502
University Police (Emergency Line)
911 (FROM CAMPUS PHONES)
University Police (Dispatch) 760-750-4567
- Notify others in the area, to prevent contamination of additional personnel and environment.
- Remove any contaminated clothing and wash exposed skin with disinfectant.
- Wearing the proper PPE (gloves, lab-coat, face protection or eye protection) cover spill with paper towels, pour concentrated disinfectant around the spill allowing it to mix with spilled material. Allow suitable contact time (15 minutes).
- Discard all disposable materials used to clean up the spill into a biohazard bag.
- Wash hands with soap and hand-washing disinfectant.
- Inform Supervisor, and, if assistance is needed, consult with RM&S at 760-750-4502