Minor Radiation Spill
DIAL 760-750-4502 or 911 (FROM CAMPUS PHONES) after business hours for Radioactive Emergencies
- Stop what you are doing and stay in the immediate area.
- Assume that you are contaminated and must use all precautions to refrain from spreading the contamination.
- Check for contamination on your skin, clothing, and shoes with the appropriate monitoring device.
- Inform others in the immediate area of the spill.
- Notify your supervisor and consult with RM&S at 760-750-4502 or after hours dial 9-911.
- Place absorbent material on the spill wearing the appropriate PPE (lab-coat, gloves and safety glasses)
- Monitor and survey the area. If contaminated Label the area with "CAUTION Radioactive Material" tape or signage.
- Restrict individuals from entering or leaving the area