Emergency Loan Information
The Emergency Loan program exists for students who have unique or unexpected expenses
occur prior to receiving their financial aid disbursement. As the emergency loans
are intended for those scenarios, and have a repayment deadline approximately six
(6) weeks after the term begins, students should carefully analyze their anticipated
aid when considering applying for this loan.
When considering an Emergency Loan
- Payment of registration fees are not considered to be unanticipated, and therefore,
are not emergencies as defined under this program.
- Each application is reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Emergency loans are due approximately six (6) weeks after the term begins.
- Registered students can download the Emergency Loan Application and apply no earlier than ten (10) days before the term begins, up until the add/drop
- All approved emergency loans will be assessed a $2.00 processing fee per loan.
- All students with emergency loans not paid in full by the posted deadline will be
assessed a $15 late fee every month that the loan is past due. In addition, a hold
will be placed on the student account until the debt is paid in full.
- The maximum a student can borrow from emergency loans, per term, is $1,000.
Emergency Loan Applicant Requirements
- Be enrolled for current semester in a minimum of six (6) units.
- Student account must be free of any financial or academic holds.
- University registration fees must be paid in full (or covered by anticipated Financial
Aid) for prior and current term.
Submitting your application
After downloading and completing your Emergency Loan Application, you can submit it:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: (760) 750-3158
- In-person: Cashier’s Office (Cougar Central – Craven Hall 3800); Monday through Friday 8:00
AM - 4:30 PM
For questions regarding Emergency Loans, please contact: