- Student Financial Services
- Collection Process
- Contact Information
- FAS Division
- Emergency Loans
- Federal Student Loan Contact Information
- Important Fee Information
- Fee Deadline
- How To Pay Your Fees
- How to Set Up a Parent Pin
- Hours of Operation
- Payment Plans
- SFS Policies and Procedures
- Staff Directory
- Staff Forms & Guides
- Tax Information
- Waivers and Exemptions
Important Fee Information
All correspondence from Cashier's will be sent to your campus e-mail, please check it regularly for important information and updates. Fee payment deadlines (click on the term you wish to view then fees and charges).
Important facts to remember:
- The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Student Accounts must be paid in full by the payment deadline.
- In Fall and Spring terms you may be DROPPED from ALL of your classes (even if a partial payment has been made), unless you have a fee deferment. (Postponing payment of registration fees is called a fee deferment.) For winter and summer please see the Extended Learning (EL) website.
- Only on-time payment or timely dropping of all classes, prior to the 1st day of the term, will exempt students from a debt to the University.
- You may make payments through your Student Center (please note there are no convenience fees for e-checks).
- You are eligible for a refund of the difference between fulltime fees and part time fees, if you drop from full time to part time, during the add/drop period. For Extended Learning (EL) classes please see the EL Webiste.
- If you drop from full time to part time, after the add/drop period, you are not eligible for a refund of the difference of fees. For Extended Learning (EL) classes please see the EL website.
- If you drop all your classes, after the 1st day of the term, you are eligible for a pro-rated refund up to the 60% period of the term. For Extended Learning (EL) classes please see the EL website.
- Any unpaid balances will result in a Financial Hold being placed on your account and you will NOT be able to register or obtain university services.
Please remember Cal State San Marcos offers several payment methods.
You are responsible to check your campus e-mail and your student service account regularly for fee increase and updates to your account.