- Student Health and Counseling Services
- Hours of Service & Contact
- Message to Parents
- About SHCS
- General Information
- Medical Services
- Eligibility of Services
- Counseling Staff
- Sports Psychology
- Client Rights
- Group Support
- Pre-Doctoral Internship
- Internship Application
- Health Education
- Emergency/ Resources
- Family PACT
- Programs & Events
- Alcohol Education Requirement
If you are feeling like you are not safe, that you might harm yourself or others, call either 911 or the San Diego County Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 immediately.
Confidentiality is a basic client right. Counselors are legally and ethically bound to maintain confidentiality. Information about a student's contact with us may not be disclosed to University officials or anyone else without the student's written permission, except in situations where disclosure is required by law. These situations include times when . . .
- The counselor believes that a client may be a danger to him/herself or others, and disclosure is considered necessary to prevent harm.
- There is reasonable suspicion of actual or potential child neglect or abuse (emotional, physical, sexual) involving the client or others known by the client.
- There is reasonable suspicion that a child has witnessed domestic violence.
- There is reasonable suspicion of neglect or abuse of a dependent adult or elderly person.
- A client is “gravely disabled” (i.e., unable to take care of basic needs such as feeding self, getting home safely).
The law requires that records of services be maintained to help assure that clients are receiving a consistent quality of care. Counseling services maintains written and electronic records of services provided to each student. Measures are taken to ensure that all records are secure. Records are kept separate from all other University records.
If you have scheduled your appointment with a counselor or sports psychologist, COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORMS prior to your visit.
Connect with us:
Student Health &
120 Craven Rd, Ste 100
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181