- Student Health and Counseling Services
- Hours of Service & Contact
- Message to Parents
- About SHCS
- General Information
- Medical Services
- Peer Leaders Conference
- Eligibility of Services
- Counseling Staff
- Sports Psychology
- Client Rights
- Group Support
- Pre-Doctoral Internship
- Internship Application
- Health Education
- Emergency/ Resources
- Family PACT
- Student Health 101
- Programs & Events
If you are feeling like you are not safe, that you might harm yourself or others, call either 911 or the San Diego County Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 immediately.
Clients of Counseling Services have the right to . . .
- Be treated with respect.
- Have written information before consenting to evaluation and treatment about our counseling services, policies and procedures (e.g., number of sessions, cancellation policies), limits of confidentiality, and all other relevant policies and procedures (see Consent for Counseling).
- Be informed of potential risks and benefits of counseling.
- Ask any questions about the counseling process and therapeutic techniques that your counselor uses or plans to use.
- Ask about the counselor's qualifications (education, training, experience).
- Refuse to answer any question.
- Refuse audio or video recording of sessions (if requested by counselor).
- Refuse the administration of any evaluation procedure or intervention.
- Discuss your counseling with anyone you choose, including another counselor.
- Request another counselor if uncomfortable or dissatisfied.
- File a complaint with the counselor’s supervisor, the Program Director, the counselor’s licensing board, or other appropriate government agency about problematic, unethical or illegal behavior by your counselor.
- End counseling at any time.
Connect with us:
Student Health &
120 Craven Rd, Ste 100
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181