- Student Health and Counseling Services
- Hours of Service & Contact
- Message to Parents
- About SHCS
- General Information
- Medical Services
- Eligibility of Services
- Counseling Staff
- Sports Psychology
- Client Rights
- Group Support
- Pre-Doctoral Internship
- Internship Application
- Health Education
- Emergency/ Resources
- Family PACT
- Programs & Events
- Alcohol Education Requirement
If you are feeling like you are not safe, that you might harm yourself or others, call either 911 or the San Diego County Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 immediately.
Cal State San Marcos students who have paid tuition fees are eligible for services. Services cannot be provided to an enrolled student only when . . .
- The student has received the maximum number of counseling sessions allowed during the current academic year.
- Services are judged to be inadequate to meet the student's particular needs.
- Service provision is judged to be professionally unethical.
- The student has misused or abused counseling services in the past.
- The student refuses to sign the Consent for Counseling form or to comply with other policies and procedures deemed necessary to meet legal and ethical standards of care.
- Under certain circumstances, students who have withdrawn from classes or dis-enrolled from the University can be seen with the Directors' approval.
"Significant others" who are not Cal State San Marcos students may be seen with an enrolled student in conjoint (e.g., couples) counseling. One to two individual sessions with non-students can be conducted for the purposes of assessment for conjoint counseling, or to assist with assessment and treatment planning for a student's individual counseling (e.g., meeting once with a partner or family member to gather additional information).
Staff & Faculty
Counseling services provides consultation services to staff and faculty seeking assistance in their work with students. Staff and faculty in need of counseling or other ongoing direct services are referred to the Employees Assistance Program (EAP)
If you have scheduled your appointment with a counselor or sports psychologist, COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORMS prior to your visit.
Connect with us:
Student Health &
120 Craven Rd, Ste 100
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181