- Student Health and Counseling Services
- Hours of Service & Contact
- Message to Parents
- About SHCS
- General Information
- Medical Services
- Health Education
- MMR Requirement
- Hepatitis B Requirement
- Vaccine Clinic Dates
- Seasonal Flu
- Emergency/ Resources
- Family PACT
- Programs & Events
- Alcohol Education Requirement
Seasonal Flu Vaccines are available by appointments only. $10 for Students and $15 for Faculty/Staff or $30 for high potency vaccine. Please remember to bring your CSUSM ID for services.
Categorization for high risk includes:
- All children 6 months and older and all older adults:
- All children from 6 months through 18 years of age.
- Anyone 50 years of age or older.
- Anyone who is at risk of complications from influenza, or more likely to require medical care.
- Women who will be pregnant during influenza season.
- Anyone with long-term health problems with: heart disease - kidney disease - liver disease- lung disease - metabolic disease, such as diabetes- asthma - anemia, and other blood disorders
- HIV/AIDS or other diseases affecting the immune system
- Long-term treatment with drugs such as steroids
- Cancer treatment with x-rays or drugs
- Anyone with certain muscle or nerve disorders (such as seizure disorders or cerebral palsy) that can lead to breathing or swallowing problems.
- Anyone 6 months through 18 years of age on long-term aspirin treatment (they could develop Reye Syndrome if they got influenza).
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities.
Anyone who lives with or cares for people at high risk for influenza-related complication:
- Health care providers.
- Household contacts and caregivers of children from birth up to 5 years of age.
- Household contacts and caregivers of people 50 years and older, or anyone with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza..
The vaccine is $10 for students and $15 for faculty/staff. For more information regarding the influenza vaccine, please see the CDC Influenza Vaccine information statement.