SHCS will be CLOSED on Thursday, November 27th-Sunday, November 30th in observance of Thanksgiving Holiday. We will re-open on Monday, December 1st. Please visit the nearest ER or Urgent Care for medical assistance.
SHCS is opened in the new building! We are directly across from the University Student Union. Please stop by to make an appointment or call us! Due to the transition, our services are limited. We appreciate your patience as we get back to being 100% functional. Thank You.
Welcome to Student Health & Counseling Services (SHCS), we acknowledge that wellness is essential to academic success. We are committed to recognizing the health needs of our diverse student population and promoting the social, emotional, and physical well being of our students so that they may achieve their academic goals.
At SHCS, we embrace a holistic and collaborative approach to healthcare by offering primary care, preventive services, wellness education, and mental health services to the CSUSM community. SHCS offers quality healthcare provided by a multidisciplinary team of medical and mental health professionals and support staff who are trained to assist students with their health and wellness related needs.
The primary mission of the Student Health and Counseling Services Team is:
- To provide quality medical care that allows students to perform optimally, physically, and mentally; and to enhance their academic and intellectual potential.
- To promote and encourage personal responsibility through informed decision making regarding students' lifestyle.
- To provide an environment that is culturally sensitive, compassionate, affordable, accessible and confidential.
- To provide effective Health Education programs to help students develop healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices.
- To enhance the academic mission through the provision of educational and co-curricular opportunities for student engagement.
All clinic staff see patients by appointment, except for pharmacy and urgent care injuries. Please call us at (760) 750-4915 during regular office hours to make an appointment. If you must cancel your appointment, please call us 24 hours in advance so your allotted time may be given to another student in need.
For the safety and protection of your children and their health, we kindly request that other childcare arrangements are made for your appointment time, especially during this season with the seasonal flu. Thank you.
Thurday, Nov. 13th @ 11 am
Connect with us:
Student Health &
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181