TLC Program Overview
Grounded in CSUSM’s Integrated Co-Curricular Model, the Tukwut Leadership Circle is designed to support your leadership, interpersonal, career, and professional development through weekly workshops and campus & civic engagement.
The TLC program gives students the opportunity to learn and explore leadership concepts through real life experiences, both on and off campus, so that they can better understand themselves as unique individuals. The program takes approximately 30 hours to complete and must be completed within one year, but many students complete the program in one semester!
Consider the shape there is no clear beginning or end, and you can go around as many times as you would like. The size can change, and the focus can be inward or outward. This is similar to your leadership path, where you continue to gather skills and momentum.
- You will earn a leadership certificate signed by President Haynes and a medal to wear at commencement.
- The TLC is free and open to any CSUSM student interested in learning about or developing their personal leadership skills.
- The program can be completed in one semester or over the course of one year to accommodate your schedule.
- You will connect to students from across disciplines.
- You will be paired with a TLC graduate from the TLC Peer Leadership Team to support your journey.
- You will meet campus and community leaders who are interested in sharing their leadership experiences with you.
- You will learn what your Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator is and career opportunities that align with your personality. You can download the TypeFocus Self-Assesment here.
- You will get real-life interview experience through regular Peer Leader meetings and panel exit interveiw.