Tukwut Leadership Circle
The Tukwut Leadership Circle (TLC) is a program designed for students to explore and enhance their personal and professional leadership potential and is based on "the Seven C's" of the Social Change Model of Leadership.
To complete the program, students must:
- Attend a minimum total of 7 workshops of your chosing. Extra workshops can be counted toward your 7 campus engagement hours.
- Participate in approved civic & campus engagement projects (7 hours for each project)
- Write a short leadership reflection paper (prompt attached)
- Schedule a leadership transition interview with the Coordinator for Student Involvement
E-mail Shannon Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your exit interview and submit your reflection paper or to ask any questions that you may have about the TLC.
The 7 C's are based on individual, group process, and community/societal values:
1. Consciousness of Self
5. Common Purpose
6. Controversy with Civility
TLC is free and open to any CSUSM student interested in learning about or developing their personal leadership skills
The program can be completed in one semester or over the course of two years to accommodate your schedule
You will connect to students from across disciplines
You will meet campus and community leaders who are interested in sharing their leadership experiences with you
Upon completion of the program you will recieve a leadership certificate, signed by the University President and a medal to wear at commencement.
Consider the shape--- there is no clear beginning or end, and you can go around as many times as you would like. The size can change, and the focus can be inward or outward. This is similar to your leadership path, where you continue to gather skills and momentum.