SOC 494/495 CAPSTONE SEMINAR IN COMMUNITY SERVICE
Informational Sessions to enroll in Fall 2016
All students who wish to enroll in the SOC 494/495 Capstone courses in the Fall 2016 are encouraged to attend the informational sessions offered every semester (Flyer below). In the sessions, we will discuss internship placement, class structure and campus policies. The SOC 494/495 enrollment process has changed completely, so it is highly encouraged to attend the workshops. If you are unable to attend, please email Dr. Xuan Santos (email@example.com).
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Internship Coordinator Dr. Xuan Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
How to enroll?
Log onto the Office of Internships Database and review opportunities. If you want to work with a particular community partner that is not in the database, you will need to complete a Request community partner form. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of the internship site and relativity to your major, you can contact Dr. Xuan Santos.
- You will no longer be required to turn in any forms to the Sociology department so please do not use any form that you may have downloaded from previous semesters.
- Apply for the internship position by following the instructions detailed in the opportunity listing. The process for each site varies so please advised on how lengthy the process is and the timeframe you have to avoid being dropped from the course. You might need to have an application, cover letter, resume, fingerprinting, background check or a formal interview.
- Once you secure the internship position, return to the database and create your internship placement prior to the start of the semester. Failure to do so may result in being dropped out of the class.
- You will not be required to turn in a timesheet for the hours during the semester but you might need to do field notes.
- For more information, visit the Community Engagement Office of Internship website.