Master of Arts in Education-General Option Program is designed for K-12 credentialed teachers who want to refine their professional education knowledge, skills and dispositions.
This program provides educators the opportunity to customize their learning experience by choosing from coursework themes. Each year we rotate the educational themes we are addressing. In 2015-2017 we will be addressing the following themes:
- Middle Level Education
- Multicultural and Multilingual Education
- Teaching, Learning and Technology
Candidates in the program will develop knowledge, skills and dispositions related to:
- Multicultural Education
- Education Leadership
- Education Research Methodology
- 21st Century Teaching and Learning
Master of Arts in Education Program Student Learning Outcomes:
MA graduate student will be able to demonstrate their learning through the program student learning outcomes in four areas. MA students will receive support for these outcomes in the required courses: EDUC 602, EDUC 622 & EDUC 698.
PSLO 1: Professional Dispositions: Demonstrate interaction and communication skills that reflect professional dispositions and ethics, such as respect for diversity, educational equity, collaboration, and social justice.
PSLO 2: Leadership Skills: Apply leadership skills to advance the profession in social justice and equity.
PSLO 3: Analyze Research: Analyze educational and/or professional research.
PSLO 4: Integrate Research: Integrate research and evidence-based practices into educational and professional settings.
* F-1 visa International students, please note: The Master of Arts in Education does not meet F-1 visa full-time status requirements. Therefore, California State University San Marcos will not be able to issue an I-20 to sponsor international students for this program. For additional questions, please contact Colleen Manthey at firstname.lastname@example.org*