- The CSUSM Theatre Program provides an educational environment for the development
and training of theatre artists from diverse backgrounds through the rigors of the
discipline of theatre by fostering creativity, excellence and the practical application
of acquired skills and theoretical principles.
- Students engage with the literature and theory of theatre via course work, play production,
guest artist experiences and internships.
- Students will learn various theatrical acting styles including Commedia, Viewpoints,
and Stanislavski methods.
- Supplemental classes give the students opportunity to develop skills in voice, movement,
mask, stage management, etc.
- Students have the opportunity to perform in campus productions of plays from classical
to contemporary and original or devised work.
- Students in our program are able to interact with some of San Diego Theatre's leading
professionals through internships, juries, and panels.