SSS is funded to serve 200 Cal State San Marcos undergraduate students each year. Applications can be obtained at the SSS office located in Craven Hall or may be downloaded from the website. Acceptance into SSS is based on space availability as well as specific eligibility criteria, which are noted below. Students may apply at any time during the year. Applications are reviewed on a continuous basis year round. When space is not available, eligible students are placed on a waiting list.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SSS
A student must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Cal State San Marcos and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Low-income (Low-income levels are determined according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (Neither parent completed a 4-year college degree)
- Have a verified disability
In addition, a student must also meet all of the following criteria:
- Have U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- Qualify for federal financial aid and have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file
- Have evidence of academic need as indicated on the SSS application
APPLICATION FOR SSS
The application for SSS can be downloaded and printed by clicking on the link below. The application form requires Adobe Acrobat™ to view and print. Adobe Acrobat is a free program that can be downloaded from the Adobe© web page. If you already have Adobe Acrobat™, you can click on the link below and print the application.
SSS Application PDF File
If you have questions about whether you are eligible for or would benefit from SSS, please send an e-mail to a staff member or call us at (760) 750-4861.