I. Programs at School Site
- Description: Includes a short demonstration or hands-on activity on select science topics, presentations by one to three ambassadors, and Q & A session with students. Ambassadors typically dicsuss their majors, their research, and their career goals.
- Length: Flexible. Typically 30 minutes for demo or short activity and up to 50 minutes for an activity and presentation.
- Number of Participants: Single classroom. (Some demos can be modified for larger audiences.)
- Description: Includes teams of four to six ambassadors to engage students in informal conversations about CSUSM science/math programs, research opportunities, career plans, etc. These sessions are designed to encourage student discussion and generate interest in science and math careers.
- Length: Flexible. Typically 30 minutes.
- Number of Participants: 30 maximum
II. Programs at CSUSM
- Description: Includes a hands-on lab led by a CSUSM professor and STEM ambassadors. Labs in physics, biology, and neuroscience are currently offered on select Fridays from 3:00 to 5:00 PM (two labs per date).
- Length: Approximately 90 minutes.
- Number of Participants: 20 students per lab (a total of 40 students for the two labs)
STEM Cafe at Vista High