Science and Mathematics Teaching Scholarships at CSUSM
CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars Program
The CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars program offers junior and senior math and science majors forgivable loans of up to $12,000 per academic year. Students may accept the award for one, two, or three years, with a two-year commitment to teach mathematics or science in a high need school district for each year the award is accepted.
More info on the CSUSM Noyce Teacher Scholars Program
Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars Program
The CSUSM Cougar Mathematics and Science Teacher (CMST) Scholars program, funded by the CSU Mathematics and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI), responds to the critical need for secondary teachers of mathematics and science by encouraging talented students and professionals to pursue teaching careers.
The following awards are available, each funded at levels dependent on available funds:
- Math and Science California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) fees
- Math and Science CSET prep course fees
Math and Science Undergraduates:
- $500 for each School of Education prerequisite course
- $2000 per semester while making satisfactory progress toward your degree (we refer to this as the Pre-Noyce scholarship)
Math and Science Credential Candidates:
- $2000 per semester while making satisfactory progress in the credential program.
- Strong background in mathematics or science (or have a bachelors degree in math/science)
- Planning to teach K-12 mathematics or science
- Note: Noyce Scholars are not eligible for Pre-Noyce or Credential year scholarship
You must reapply each semester; awards do not automatically renew.
The Fall 2017 Scholarship Application is now open and submission will close on September 15, 2017.