Click on a question below to view answers relating to your selection.
- What is the benefit of CougarApps?
- How does CougarApps work?
- How do I access CougarApps?
- Are all lab computer programs available on CougarApps?
- What’s the timeout for a CougarApps session?
- What happens if I close the browser instead of clicking logoff?
- If I open a new browser window and go back into CougarApps, will my session still be there?
- Will my items like Word docs or Excel spreadsheets auto save?
- Why Do I Get a ‘No Terminal Server License Servers Available’ error message”?
- Why can’t I launch any applications on my Mac using Safari, but can with Firefox
What is the benefit of CougarApps?
CougarApps allows our students and faculty to access specialty programs such as SPSS, Maple, MatLab, Crystal Ball, MiniTab, and Adobe CS5 any place, any time from their personal computer or mobile device (i.e., PC or Mac Desktop, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Droid, etc.). Which means students can work from any place they have access to the Internet.
How does CougarApps work?
CougarApps simply allows access to software applications.
How do I access CougarApps?
- Instructor stations and lab computers will automatically use CougarApps.
- Any personal computer or mobile device (i.e. PC or Mac Desktop, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Droid, etc.) that can connect to the Internet should be able to connect to CougarApps from any web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, etc.). Simply use your CSUSM username and password to access the list of programs available. Click here for instructions on how to setup CougarApps.
Are all lab computer programs available on CougarApps?
No. Due to software licensing, CSUSM is only able to offer some programs via CougarApps. List of programs available.
What’s the timeout for a CougarApps session?
- 45 Minutes of “inactivity” on the website and it will log out.
- 60 minutes of “inactivity” in an active application will result in the active application being disconnected.
- 15 minutes after the application is disconnected, the disconnected session will be Forcefully Closed.
What happens if I close the browser instead of clicking logoff?
Nothing, “active” sessions are only affected if you click on “logout” from the site. It will then “forcefully close” your sessions.
If I open a new browser window and go back into CougarApps, will my session still be there?
Yes. If your session is in a disconnected state, it will automatically restart the session when you log back in through the website or a lab computer. If you session doesn’t automatically reconnect, simply try clicking the Reconnect button on the website.
Will my items like Word docs or Excel spreadsheets auto save?
Yes, they will work the same as they did in the labs in the past. Meaning, applications like Microsoft Office that have an auto save feature will auto save with recovery files to the H Drive.
Why do I get a ‘No Terminal Server License Servers Available’ error message”?
Please click here for more information on resolving this issue
Why can’t I launch any applications on my Mac using Safari, but can with Firefox?
If you are unable to launch your CougarApps applications on a Mac using Safari, but can successfully with other browsers like Firefox, please make sure that Safari is not running in 32-bit mode. To double check, go to “Applications” and right click (press down the Control button and click simultaneously) on the Safari application. Click “Get Info” and make sure that “Open in 32-bit mode” is not checked.