College of Arts and Science Off-Campus Learning Opportunities
Students in the College of Arts and Science participate in a variety of CSUSM supported off-campus learning opportunities including internships, service learning and more. The following information is for students, faculty and staff involved with these opportunities.
Step 1: Identify an Appropriate Organization
Students participating in CSUSM supported off-campus learning opportunities must obtain the approval of their instructor or supervisor before working with an organization. Often, Directors and faculty and staff advisors select the appropriate organization for each student’s course or program. The following information is provided for faculty and staff seeking to determine what organizations have been approved for students to work with, or seeking approval for an organization that has not yet signed an agreement with CSUSM.
- Approved organizations students can work with.
- If a student or Faculty/Staff advisor wants the student to work with an organization not on the list, above, the student or Faculty/Staff advisor must notify the College or School Partner well before the start of the semester. The Faculty/Staff advisor will also need to submit a Request to Initiate Agreement as early as possible to allow enough time for evaluation and processing. Please note, a request to add an organization does not guarantee approval.
- Questions? Contact your College contact. For service learning, you can also contact the Office of Community Service Learning.
Step 2: Fill out Necessary Paperwork
- Visit the student registration page to begin the process for placement.
- Execute a Release and Guidelines for Student Conduct.
- Forward the signed Release and Guidelines to the Office of Community Service Learning prior to beginning work with an organization. If possible, you are welcome to scan and email PDF copies of the executed documents.