What is Demand Response?
Demand response refers to shifting demand for electricity to non-peak periods or reducing electricity use during periods of high demand.
Stage 2 or 3 Power Emergency
When a second - or third - stage power emergency exists or the campus has been requested to reduce power usage, the following power reduction plan will go into effect.
- Open blinds and use natural light as much as possible.
- All nonessential equipment and lighting should be reduced to a conservation level.
- Thermostats are set to not more than 68 degrees to 78 degrees at all times, per Executive Order 987.
- Windows and doors should be kept closed to prevent loss of conditioned air.
- Do not print or copy documents unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Do not turn off refrigerators, unplug refrigerators not in use.
- Minimize the use of hot water and elevators.
- Electric heaters are prohibited.
- Have a flashlight available.
- Do not use candles for illumination