Call 9-1-1 if you are in the midst of any kind of emergency, immediate harm, or threat
Sexual Assault: What to do if this happens to you:
- Get to a safe place and call 911.
- Do not shower, bathe, douche or change your clothes if you have been assaulted or
- Go to a hospital for medical care. You will be given a physical exam and options for the prevention of pregnancy, STIs
and HIV/AIDS. You have the option of a Sexual Assault Forensic Exam without reporting
to the police.
- Medical professionals are required to notify the police whenever they treat a victim/survivor
but the decision to make a formal police report is still yours.
- Contact friends/family or resources listed in this brochure for help and support.
- If you decide not to go to the police immediately, write down all the details of the
assault (who, what, when, where, why and how) and keep them in case you wish to report the
- Seek support through on and off campus resources.
Next steps to consider: