- UARSC Home
- Central Office Staff
- About Us
- Organizational Chart
- Office of Sponsored Projects
- Human Resources & Payroll Services
- Employment Opportunities
- Accounting Operations
- Center for Children and Families
- CFS User Guides and Related Information
- CSUSM Catering
- CSUSM Dining Services
- Events & Catering Information
- Approved Catering and Transportation Providers
- University Store and CSUSM Bookstore
- ProCard - UARSC Credit Card
- Policies and Procedures
- Licensing & Trademarks
- Board of Directors
- Reporting Transparency
- Commonly Needed Information
- Recently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
UARSC Office of Sponsored Projects
Principal Investigator/Project Director Manual
Chapter 5: How do I purchase supplies and equipment?
Purchase Order, Check Request, Petty Cash
According to generally accepted procurement standards, the preferred method of purchasing is through a purchase order. Use of a purchase order demonstrates a degree of planning and forethought desirable to sponsors. Typically, this form is used when purchasing any item or service costing $100 or more, through vendors who can invoice UARSC.
Please review Procedures for Purchase Order, Check Request and Petty Cash Forms for detailed information regarding the use of these expenditure forms.
The Procurement Policy for UARSC blends efficient business practices and governing policies that emanate from the State and Federal governments. The implementation of this policy rests with Project Directors, who are responsible for upholding the procurement requirements.