- Effective July 1, 2009, nonresident tuition fee waivers are available to eligible
new and continuing undergraduate and graduate level military students, regardless
of educational purposes. The nonresident tuition fee waiver does not qualify students
as a California residents; it simply waives the out-of-state tuition fee.
- Active duty military personnel and their dependents are eligible for a nonresident
tuition fee waiver if the military member is stationed on active duty in California
for more than 30 days. The tuition fee waiver will be effective until the student's
continuous enrollment ends.
- Military nonresident tuition fee waivers are not automatic. Proof of active duty
status via military orders, military ID and dependent military ID are required in
order to activate the waiver.
- Recently discharged CA military personnel may be eligible to receive a residency status
exception for one year from the date of discharge, retirement.
- If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact Admissions.