On behalf of Associated Students, Inc. and the Elections Committee, we would like to thank you for your interest in your student government!
The General Election is the regularly scheduled election for all ASI elected offices. It is held annually the week prior to Spring Break.
The Board of Directors General Election
Welcome to the elections process for the Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) Board of Directors for the 2016/2017 term. (If you are applying for one of the open positions for the remainder of the 2015/16 term, please visit: bit.ly/ASIBOD).
We commend you for seeking the opportunity to serve the needs of CSUSM students by participating in the shared governance of California State University San Marcos. The first step toward this goal is participation in the ASI election process as governed by ASI Elections Code 500. Your adherence to the requirements of this Code maintains the integrity of the elections process and reinforces the community’s perception of your integrity.
If you wish to run for a position, please download, print, and carefully read through the following document:
Please sign and submit your packet, along with your campaign statement to USU 3700.
Please make note that the strict deadline for submitting the Candidate Application, Campaign Statement, and Elections Code of Conduct Pledge is Wednesday, February 24th at 12:00 pm to the ASI Office in USU 3700.
In addition to submitting your application packet, you are required to attend one in-person or online election information session.
In-person sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Feb 10, 5:30pm, UVA Classroom
- Thursday, Feb 11, 12pm, USU 3700
- Wednesday, Feb 17, 5:30pm, Quad Classroom
- Thursday, Feb 18, 12pm, USU 2310 A & B
- Monday, Feb 22, 6pm, UVA Classroom
- Tuesday, Feb 23, 12pm, USU 3700
The deadline to attend an in-person session or view the online session is Wednesday, February 24th at 12:00pm.
- Code 100: Duties of the President
- Code 105: Duties of the Chair & Chief of Staff
- Code 106: Duties of the College Representatives
- Code 107: Duties of the Student Rep at Large for Sustainability
- Code 108: Duties of the Student Rep at Large for Diveristy and Inclusion
- Cade 110: Duties of the Executive Vice President
- Code 111: Duties of the VP of Student and University Affairs
- Code 500: ASI Elections Code
The Elections Committee can serve as a resource for you throughout the elections process. Additionally, any potential campaign violations must be reported directly to the Elections Committee in writing. If you have any questions about ASI Elections please email the Elections Committee at ASIelections@csusm.edu.
The Elections Committee wishes you the best of luck throughout the elections process!