National and International Organizations
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- NARAL (National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League) Website
- National Organization for Women
- Older Women’s League
- The Old Women’s Project
- Planned Parenthood
- Radical Women
- Amnesty International
Women's Human Rights Includes programs, actions, links for human rights for women. Also includes most of their publications with full-text. In English.
- APC Women's Networking Support Program
A global organization dedicated to promoting gender equity in information and communication technology. In English.
- CEDPA: Centre for Development and Population Activities
This non-profit organization with offices in Washington, D.C., Egypt, India, Nepal, Nigeria, and South Africa, provides grants to local women organizations working to improve educational opportunities for women and girls and ensure access to reproductive health care.
- Center for Reproductive Rights
The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy (CRLP) is a non-profit legal advocacy group defending women's reproductive rights internationally. In English, Spanish, and French.
- Equality Now
Founded in 1992 to work for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women around the world
- Gather the Women Global Matrix
- Global Fund for Women
From Palo Alto, California, USA. Funds international women's grassroots organizations. Includes newsletter and links to organizations that have received funding.
- Global List of Women's Organisations
A list of women's organizations worldwide arranged alphabetically by country or territory.
- ICRW, International Center for Research on Women
Based in Washington, DC, USA, it promotes "social and economic development with women's full participation." Includes information about projects, seminars, grants, publications, activism in developing countries.
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
Includes "World Watch" which contains information and news stories from different countries. Also "Allies" which contains other links under such topics as immigration, religion, human rights. In English, French, and Spanish.
- International Labour Organization
ILO's Gender Equality page Includes links to various briefs on gender issues and gender equity projects. In English, Spanish and French.
- International Women's Media Foundation
A worldwide organization advocating for the strengthening of women's voices in all media. In English.
- IWTC, International Women's Tribune Center
A major information, education, communication, networking, technical assistance and training resource for women worldwide Also a publisher/distributor of books, reports, pamphlets, UN documents, postcards, and posters through Women, INK. Based in New York, USA.
An international women's human rights organization originating in the United States which works with sister organizations in Central America, Cuba, Haiti, Mexico, and the former Yugoslavia. Includes information on those projects and organizations.
- NIKK: Nordic Institute for Women's Studies and Gender Research
NIKK organizes seminars, conducts research projects, and publishes a magazine and journal dealing with gender and sexuality. Also provides access to bibliographic databases of women's studies monographs, periodicals, and PhD theses produced by various Nordic entities.
- UNIFEM (United Nations Development Fund for Women)
- UN Instraw
United Nations International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women
- Division for the Advancement of Women, United Nations
- WEDO, Women's Environment and Development Organization
A women's advocacy organization for environmental issues worldwide. Contains reports, action items, United Nations information and more.
- WILPF, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom International
Includes information, political actions, messages, and resources. In English.
- Women without Borders
Vienna based organization that does advocacy for women around the world. Site provides news of the organization's activities, various reports, and articles from their newsletter.
- Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights
Network of groups and individuals from around the world who are working for women's reproductive rights.
- Women's Human Rights Net
Includes information about women's human rights issues, announcements, and bulletin boards. In English, French, and Spanish.
- World Bank: Gender and Development
Includes country gender profiles, statistics, and links to World Bank projects for women.