- Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated undergraduate students with majors and/or minors in CHABSS and CSM.
- Be sure to run your ARR and Degree Planner before attending your appointment.
- Limited appointments are available during the add/drop period, enrollment periods
and during the summer. This is because we are offering drop-in advising or attending new student orientations.
- Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), parents, guardians and/or friends may not accompany a student into their advising
appointment without a FERPA Release Form. If you wish to complete a FERPA Release Form, please do so well in advance of your appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment
- You can schedule your appointment by phone, online, or in person.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Appointments can be made within 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled more than once per week.
- You will be required to present/confirm your student ID or username when you check
in for your appointment.
- Click for Instructions on how to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, Undergraduate Advising Services
enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather,
it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive 15 minutes or more after their scheduled
appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit
their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.
- Before your scheduled appointment, you must cancel online, by phone at 760-750-4060, or in person at Craven Hall 1300.
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.
NEW STUDENTS: Please do not schedule an appointment until after you have completed the New Student Advising & Enrollment Tutorial and self-enrolled in courses.
As a reminder: We do not offer scheduled appointments during the early registration
period because we are offering drop-in advising. You are welcome to stop by for drop-in advising to receive guidance, no appointment is needed!