About CSU San Marcos
Welcome to California State University San Marcos. We are a new kind of CSU — fully
engaged in our community, technologically sophisticated, and dedicated to teaching
future generations through a relevant curriculum with a global perspective.
What makes CSU San Marcos so special?
- High quality, close instruction through our four colleges and Extended Learning programs
- Accessible faculty — 100% of full-time faculty hold Ph.D.s or the highest degree in
- A technology-rich campus — the entire campus is equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi Internet
access, and numerous "smart" classrooms offer advanced multimedia equipment as a teaching
and learning tool
- A fun campus — more than 100 student clubs and organizations, the Clarke Field House
and an active Associated Students, Inc.
- An expanding campus — construction on our new university student union is now underway.
In addition, a state-of-the-art Social & Behavioral Sciences building, a parking structure,
and a public safety building have been completed in the last two years.
- A beautiful campus — 304 rolling acres nestled into the foothills above the City of
San Marcos, and a short distance to the beaches of the Pacific Ocean and the Mexican
Browse our pages and get to know us. We believe you will find this new kind of university
to your liking — and you will be able to stand out and grow here.