CSTEM Course Approval Form
This form should be submitted by undergraduate students with a major or minor in the
College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (CSTEM) or students in a
non-CSTEM major/minor interested in pre-med who would like to have a course taken at another institution* reviewed for a major
or minor requirement here at CSUSM (not a general education requirement).
- Please submit a new form for each course you would like to have reviewed.
- Do not submit a request to have a general education course reviewed.
- Lower-division courses may not be reviewed for an upper-division requirement.
- A request does not guarantee approval.
- *Do not submit a request to have a course reviewed from Mira Costa College, Mount San
Jacinto College or Palomar College. These colleges have detailed articulation agreements
and alternate courses will not be considered.
Majors housed in CSTEM include Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Biological Science,
Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
Minors housed in CSTEM include Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics,
Physics, and Quantitative Biology & Biostatistics.
BEFORE you begin, be ready to upload:
- Your unofficial transcript reflecting the course you took, including the final grade,
- The course syllabus,
- The link to the department of the alternate course, and
- The link to the institution in which you took the course.